Government consults on draft gender pay gap regulations
Submissions required by 11 March 2016
Nicky Morgan, Minister for Women & Equalities, has launched a consultation on the draft gender pay gap regulations also published today.
The regulations specify that a relevant employer, defined as "a person who has 250 or more relevant employees on the relevant date" will have to publish
- the difference in mean pay
- the difference in median pay
- the difference in mean bonus pay
- the proportion of male and female relevant employees who received bonus pay
- the numbers of male and female relevant employees employed by the relevant employer on the relevant date in quartile pay bands A, B, C and D
Formulae for calculating mean pay, median pay and other relevant figures are set out.
The regulations are due to come into force on 1 October 2016 and employers will have 18 months to publish their first set of figures.
The consultation document and draft regulations can be downloaded from the GOV.UK site here.
Published: 12/02/2016 16:50